Monday, September 19, 2011

Temptations......the weekend seemed full of them!

I too had a weekend full of temptations..............post FGB I did have some hummus and pita bread and a little pizza, and of course the smoothie!! Then I went home and made Paleo tuna fish sandwiches. Tuna mixed with guacamole, pico de gallo and a little mustard and made sandwiches out of lettuce leaves. It was really good but I did eat it a little close to my soccer game! Then Saturday night I went to a birthday party for my friend, who by the way is an AWESOME cook. So I knew there would be a lot of really good food and decided ahead of time it would be my cheat night. I made a deal with my husband that I would drive TO the party and he would drive home, so I could drink. Heck, might as well go all the way on a cheat night right? The party started at 3pm and we didn't get there till 6pm because of my game, so some of the good food was already gone. I was quite pleased with myself as I managed to eat almost all Paleo. She had some pulled pork and guac and pico......yummy, 2 plates of that. Then she had a vegetarian dish made of zucchini, yellow squash, corn and topped with polenta. I didn't eat the polenta but it was impossible to pick out the corn, not to mention it would have looked rude. So besides the "several" beers I had it wasn't too bad of a cheat.

I already posted my Sunday going ons......

Today - 19 Sep

Post CFW: Mariani bar and coffee x2 (with heavy cream)
Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with turkey and tomato
Snack: Sweet and spicy pecans
Lunch: Well, the guy at work lost a bet so he owed me lunch - off to Hibachi Grill. First plate was mongolian style with shrimp, scallops, bean sprouts, zucchini, cabbage and mushrooms. Second plate was salted shrimp (no breading) and some clams in a black bean sauce. Dessert was a plate full of fruit.
Dinner: I put short ribs in the crock pot this morning with some red wine, tomatoes, cilantro and seasonings. They came out super tender and I have so many left over I'll be able to turn them into Paleo tacos tomorrow night. I sauteed some zucchini and yellow squash to go with it. Of course I had to drink the rest of the wine that I had used on the ribs. :-)

Dessert: My big event tonight was the purchase of a blender thingy that you can make smoothies in and then drink right out of the bottle. So I made a smoothie with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, my homemade greek yogurt, frozen peaches and honey. It's quite yummy and filling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment