Sunday, September 11, 2011

Amanda 11 Sept Food

Breakfast: Usana Shake with 2 tbsp almond butter; coffee with 1/2 and 1/2
Lunch: After church we always go to the "Firehouse" for subs...so this presented a challenge for me b/c obviously there would be no sub for me. So I got a cup of chili (yes there were beans, I ate around them) and a garden salad topped with tuna. Next time I think I might just skip the salad and do a bigger bowl of chili b/c there was lots of meat and it was pretty filling.
Snack: Uh Sunday Raven's Football...probably requiring 2 Michelob ultras...maybe not, I'll keep you posted:) Yes....Paleo granola and 2 beers.
Dinner: made our HUGE bottom roast from Humble Gourmand in the oven over about 5 hours with sweet potatoes, onions, celery and it was PERFECT! Very yummy and tender....definitely meat I will be able to eat leftover (I have a very weird aversion to leftover beef...which poses a big problem from time to time with paleo:)

2 comments:

  1. The roast sounds YUMMY!! So it came out tender? Did you do it at a low temp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...I seared both sides in oil and then roasted it on 350 for an hour and then turned the oven down to 225 for another 3.5/4 (the meat literally fell off the bone).... I used a little beef broth, cinnamon, salt and pepper mixed together to pour over the roast and veggies!

    ReplyDelete