Sunday, September 11, 2011

Michele's Lotsa Food - 9/10 and 9/11

OK, so yesterday was a busy day and I didn't even have time to get on here to post. I was up before 5am, out of the house by 5:30am, rode 100 miles with my blind athlete, got home about 5:15pm, showered, dressed and finished making the dessert for the Luau and back out the door by 6:30pm. Home from the Luau about 11pm. Phew, it was a LONG day.

So yesterday's food was a bit off, as I suspected it would be with the bike and the party. But I actually did better than I anticipated.

Breakfast: 1 egg with ham, V8, little bit of coffee
During the bike ride: Being on the bike limits what I can manage to eat, but my Bonk Breaker bar was almond butter and honey. Had some other various gels packs and a Honey Stinger Waffle (aka biker's crack) and a diet coke (weird, I know)
Post ride: We went to Foster's Grill and I had a turkey burger with no bun AND I substituted a salad for the fries (woohoo, score one for Michele), unsweetened ice tea. I finished the coffee on the way home!
At the Luau: I did start the evening with one Blue Hawaiian drink - way too sweet for my palate which now rarely has anything like that. For my meal I had salad, Kalua pig and Lomi-Lomi Salmon (OMG, to die for!!!!). My Hawaiian friend made the pork and the salmon and it was so good I had 2 plates. If you've never had Lomi-Lomi Salmon (which I had not) it was amazing. Raw salmon is salt cured and then mixed with tomatoes and onions. And I finished the evening with a Sam Adams. I did not have any of the dessert I made, although everyone seemed to like it. I have to admit, I did lick the spoon when I was mixing the pudding, cream cheese and pineapple together!!

Today was dog training day.

Breakfast: 2 eggs with ham, V8 and coffee with 1/2 and 1/2
Snack: Mariani bar
Lunch: Salad with spring mix, tomatoes, cukes, avocado, Kalua pork, chicken breast, olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Snack: Mariani bar, chips and salsa

Sitting on the deck with the dogs having a beer! Dinner will probably be leftover Kalua port (we got to bring home a whole tray of it) :-)

Dinner: More Kalua pork with guacamole (the little 100 calorie packs Chris mentioned), sweet potato with butter.

Debating on popcorn or coffee for dessert?

Opted for popcorn!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally impressed that you didn't eat the dessert:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was pretty hard to resist and I really had a hard time feeding something to others that I hadn't even tried!!

    ReplyDelete