Thursday, September 15, 2011

Michele's Traveling Circus

I had to go NY for the day today and traveling always poses an issue when eating Paleo. I didn't have any chicken breasts cooked to take with me so I was hoping all would go ok!!

Drive to the airport: Mariani bar and coffee with heavy cream
At the airport: YES, you CAN eat Paleo at the airport. I had a HUGE omelet with bacon, onion, tomato and mushroom. I even substituted the potatoes and toast for a bowl of fresh fruit, and of course, more coffee
Lunch: This is where things started to go awry. My co-worker in NY, God love him, picked me up and as usual we got turned around leaving the airport. I have yet to figure out why he gets lost EVERY time we go somewhere - I mean he did grow up in the Bronx, just sayin! We went to the Federal Building to take care of a few things and by now it was time for lunch. It became apparent I was not going to get to eat before our 2pm appointment so I snacked on a couple of Mariani bars. We walked to the place we needed to be (it rained on us, but don't worry I didn't melt - HAHA) and by the time we got back it was time to head back to the airport. I had a handful of nut/raisin mix.
At the airport: Bypassing the Mickie D's I found a place with a cobb salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. I kinda thought that wasn't going to be enough, there was only 4 very small pieces of chicken in it, so I grabbed a bag of kettle cooked chips to go with it. I only ate some of the chips, but polished off my salad.
On the plane I had high hopes of having a soda as I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days and thought that might help. I don't know, I'm grasping at straws here. I just don't want to get sick. But of course the weather had rolled in so we sat on the runway at LaGuardia for 45 minutes before we took off then the flight was a bit rough so they didn't have any drink service. Fine, I'll just drink my water and snack on a few more chips.
Dinner: Got home about 7:30 and Paul and I headed to Glory Day's for dinner. I had the flat iron steak with sweet potato fries and a caesar salad. It also came with onion straws that I ate because they were so good!

Now I'm off to bed and hope I feel better tomorrow. Can't be sick for FGB this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment